This project is read-only.

Postures Detection Tests

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:02 PM
Hi,
I've been working with your ToolBox recently (by the way, it's really helpful, thanks for the contribution to Kinect Dev) and particularly with the Posture and Gesture detector. But after declaring an AlgorithmicPostureDetector(), calling TrackPostures and waiting for the event I never get anything.
As I couldn't use it correctly, I looked further into the "algorithmicPostureDetector" and i don't understand the postures' tests, for example the test for "Hello" :
        bool CheckHello(Vector3? headPosition, Vector3? handPosition)
        {
            if (!handPosition.HasValue || !headPosition.HasValue)
                return false;

if (Math.Abs(handPosition.Value.X - headPosition.Value.X) < MaxRange)
                return false;

if (Math.Abs(handPosition.Value.Y - headPosition.Value.Y) > MaxRange)
                return false;

if (Math.Abs(handPosition.Value.Z - headPosition.Value.Z) > MaxRange)
                return false;

return true;
        }

What I understand of that is : hand horizontally next to the head and far vertically and in depth ; really not what i think a hello sign is (something like handY close to headY, handZ close to headZ and distant in Y by the distance between shoulder and elbow).
That's not a reproach, I want to know if I miss something important, I'm in research phase so I guess it's often my fault ^^ and if you can confirm me what's good I'll find my error easily.
Thanks for the help and sorry for bad English.
Dec 1, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Hello,

I think you misunderstood the algorithm :

{
                return false;

if (Math.Abs(handPosition.Value.X - headPosition.Value.X) < MaxRange) ß hand must be far from head horizontaly
                return false;

if (Math.Abs(handPosition.Value.Y - headPosition.Value.Y) > MaxRange) ß hand must be near from head vertically
                return false;

if (Math.Abs(handPosition.Value.Z - headPosition.Value.Z) > MaxRange) ß hand must be near from head in depth
                return false;

return true;
        }

As you can see, each test returns a false value ^^

Sent: vendredi 25 novembre 2011 19:03
To: david.catuhe@live.fr
Subject: Postures Detection Tests [KinectToolbox:280853]

Hi,
I've been working with your ToolBox recently (by the way, it's really helpful, thanks for the contribution to Kinect Dev) and particularly with the Posture and Gesture detector. But after declaring an AlgorithmicPostureDetector(), calling TrackPostures and waiting for the event I never get anything.
As I couldn't use it correctly, I looked further into the "algorithmicPostureDetector" and i don't understand the postures' tests, for example the test for "Hello" :
        {
                return false;

if (Math.Abs(handPosition.Value.X - headPosition.Value.X) < MaxRange)
                return false;

if (Math.Abs(handPosition.Value.Y - headPosition.Value.Y) > MaxRange)
                return false;

if (Math.Abs(handPosition.Value.Z - headPosition.Value.Z) > MaxRange)
                return false;

return true;
        }

What I understand of that is : hand horizontally next to the head and far vertically and in depth ; really not what i think a hello sign is (something like handY close to headY, handZ close to headZ and distant in Y by the distance between shoulder and elbow).
That's not a reproach, I want to know if I miss something important, I'm in research phase so I guess it's often my fault ^^ and if you can confirm me what's good I'll find my error easily.
Thanks for the help and sorry for bad English.
Dec 1, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Hi, thanks for the obvious response, sometines it's hard friday's afternoon ^^'

Feb 3, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Can I use the xbox kinect on my windows pc?

http://ichi-mo-ku.com

Feb 3, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Yep

Envoyé à partir de mon Windows Phone

De : ichimoku
Envoyé : 03/02/2012 21:38
À : david.catuhe@live.fr
Objet : Re: Postures Detection Tests [KinectToolbox:280853]

Can I use the xbox kinect on my windows pc?

http://ichi-mo-ku.com

Feb 6, 2012 at 8:25 AM

why i feel it the skelton tracing lags a lot when i try to run new toolbox1.1 with kinect for xbox but works well with old version toolbox in beta SDK.i dont think it's the problem of kinect for xbox because the sample in sdk runs well with this device.would u like to tell me how to fix it?

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:58 AM

I'm also noticing major performance issues while trying to run Kinect Toolbox. The rendered skeleton hangs for many seconds before it updates. This is frustrating because I just got the AlgorithmicPostureDetector working in SDK Beta 2, and am having difficulty getting it working now that I've migrated my code to 1.0 and can't verify that it works in the Toolbox on its own.

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:45 AM

Do you connect your sensor on a usb3 port?

Feb 28, 2012 at 4:31 PM

No. It's plugged in USB 2.0. Everything is the same, on a hardware level, as it was when I was using Beta 2. And I'm confident it isn't a driver issue because the sample code that came with the 1.0 SDK works perfectly.

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Really strange because on my two computers, I don't see lags in the skeleton tracking :(

Do you use the GEstures Viewer or your own code?

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:59 AM

The lagging application is the Gestures Viewer. However, since migrating my code (and updating Kinect Toolbox) to the Kinect for Windows 1.0 SDK, I have not been able to get the AlgorithmicPostureDetector to work properly in my own code. I currently have implementation issues of my own, so I'm not sure where the failure is.