Kinect Release

Aug 10, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Hello

I've the new version of Microsoft Kinect SDK and I download the first project GestureViewer and this isn't work (built but don't run).

1) Does the KinectToolkit work with the new KinectSDK?

2) If I need only record/replay and show skeleton with RGBimage, I don't need the KinectToolkit?

Thanks

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Hello,

1) Yes the Kinect Toolbox works with the new Kinect SDK

2) Kinect Toolbox contains all the features you need

What kind of error did you get?

Aug 11, 2011 at 4:16 PM
Edited Aug 11, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Sorry

Aug 11, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Sorry, I've some problems with GestureViewer1.0.0 but the new GestureViewer build and run perfect!!!

Could you help me give information about the record function? because I new with C# and C++ and I need to record (Skeleton, Depth, RGB)-data but it's neccesary that save the fps also.

1) I would like know if the record function is only the function that appears in the (MSDN Blogs Eternal Coding Gestures and Tools for Kinect ).

2) I'm going to try save videos for Depth&RGB with EmguCV, do you know if it's possible write/record depth & rgb data similar to Skeleton data that you did?

If I am so impertinent, I apologize 

Thanks.

Coordinator
Aug 11, 2011 at 4:41 PM

1) Yes:)

2) Yes but it will be more expensive in terms of FPS. You have to encode some kind of video (such like wmv for example). For that, please have a look at Windows Media Foundation :http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms696274(VS.85).aspx

Aug 12, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Thanks,

Do you recommend me to use polling and MediaFoundation (in c++)?

My task is record the data information (RGB, Depth, Skeletal) at 30/25 fps (at the same time). But I don't like to encode the information unless I can decode in other program ;).

Coordinator
Aug 13, 2011 at 7:26 PM

For the Skeletons data you can use events and my recorder manager.

But for the RGB/Depth value you have to use polling and some kind of video recording

Aug 14, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Thanks Deltakosh

I'm reading about multithreading and polling to write RGB-,Depth-,Skeleton -Data. Your code and your help are very helpful for me. I expect to make a program to solve my problem and makes a contribution for the KinectSDK community.