This project is read-only.

Unable to find assembly 'Kinect.Toolkit, Version=1.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

Sep 22, 2011 at 9:15 PM

On downloading and running the example unaltered, most of the time I get the following error:

Unable to find assembly 'Kinect.Toolkit, Version=1.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

I say most, as sometimes it will actually run fine, and when it does it's great. Looking at the Kinect.Toolbox reference in GesturesView, it is currently 1.1.0.1, which I guess is where the conflict is arising from, though not sure how it works sometimes!?

The error seems to be coming from Learning Machine CustomBinder on the line

return Type.GetType(String.Format("{0}, {1}", typeName, assemblyName));

on the 2nd time through it with the parameters

typename = "Kinect.Toolkit.RecordedPath"
assemblyName = "Kinect.Toolkit, Version=1.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"

tracing it back up the call stack, it seems to be coming from the file "circleKB.save" in the data directory, looking of the contents of appears to have 'Kinect.Toolkit, Version=1.0.1.0'. I have tried altering this file, but it doesn't work, I guess because it is a binary file. Where abouts is this file generated from, or is this it a red herring?

Have I done something wrong somewhere along the line? If there is any other information I can provide to help debug, then let me know.

Sep 22, 2011 at 11:23 PM

Hi, you hadn't do something wrong:)

When I renamed the project I forgot to update some references (in the data files). I have just updated a new version of the sample. You can download it again and everything should be fine^^