The templated gesture detector

Oct 17, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Hi!

I have been playing around a bit with your toolbox. There are some aspects of it that I dont really understand.

For an example, I have recorded circle gestures and the letter "Z", those are easy for the templated gesture detector to recognise. But I have also tried recording simple swipe right/left gestures, much like those you have in the swipe detector, those are never recognized. All "one dimensional" gestures i have tried recording have failed in detection. Why is that? I have not been able to understand that.

Of course I could just use the swipe detector for that purpose, but it is just something that I found interesting.

Good job anyways!

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Hello,

It is normal as the algorithm try to find a center point of a two dimensional (and rotated) structure. A one dimensional cannot fit in so J

Sent: lundi 17 octobre 2011 13:11
To: david.catuhe@live.fr
Subject: The templated gesture detector [KinectToolbox:276132]

Hi!

I have been playing around a bit with your toolbox. There are some aspects of it that I dont really understand.

For an example, I have recorded circle gestures and the letter "Z", those are easy for the templated gesture detector to recognise. But I have also tried recording simple swipe right/left gestures, much like those you have in the swipe detector, those are never recognized. All "one dimensional" gestures i have tried recording have failed in detection. Why is that? I have not been able to understand that.

Of course I could just use the swipe detector for that purpose, but it is just something that I found interesting.

Good job anyways!